Rodent Infestation Damage Repair by All Pest Control
Did you have rodents such as rats or mice in your crawl space that required extermination? If so, you may also be faced with damage such as lingering odors or ripped-up insulation. The team at All Pest Control is here to provide rodent infestation damage repair to help you clean up and protect your crawl space from future infestations.
The Types of Damage Caused by Rodent Infestations
Mice, rats and other rodents can wreak serious havoc on your crawl space. For example, they can chew through wiring, rip up insulation for nesting materials and gnaw on woodwork. The holes they leave behind may later become entry points for other critters, too.
Unfortunately, these pests can also do serious damage by leaving their feces and urine behind. Both are known to carry disease and may leave a lasting odor throughout your home.
How All Pest Control Repairs Infestation Damage
Rodent infestation damage can be repaired. First, we start by eliminating the infestation through various methods, depending on the size and type of infestation. Once pests are removed, we then begin our infestation damage work which may include:
- Exclusion: This is the most critical part of the process. Even if you eradicate the population of rodents in your crawl space, if you don’t eliminate their entry points, they’ll come back. Exclusion means finding these places of entry and closing them up. We’re thorough in this step, ensuring we do what it takes to keep your home rodent-proof.
- Vapor barrier removal and replacement: Your crawl space features a vapor barrier to protect your home from excess moisture. Often, rodents will damage the vapor barrier by chewing on it or simply urinating on or near it. For sanitation purposes, the vapor barrier might need to be removed and replaced.
- Insulation removal: Rats and mice like to rip up insulation and use it as nesting material. We can remove the old insulation for you which will help with odors and sanitation.
- Sanitizing: Our experts use sanitation treatments to stop the harmful disease-causing organisms that result from a rodent infestation. As a result, you don’t have to fear diseases such as salmonella and hantavirus.
- Odor elimination: Rats and mice are known to leave behind a stomach-turning odor due to their feces and urine. If not eliminated, this odor can make its way from your crawl space into your home. We eliminate odors by removing damaged insulation and other materials, and by using other odor elimination tactics.
Need Rodent Damage Repair? Reach Out to All Pest Control Today.
We’re the pest control experts in Portland, OR, ready to help you rid your home of pests and keep them away for good. To learn more about our infestation damage repair services or to speak with a skilled exterminator, give us a call at 503-744-5103 or send us a message.