Mice are common house pests that cause damage and disease. And if you have mice in your Portland-area home, they should be dealt with by a professional mouse exterminator.
Signs of a Mouse Infestation
Think you may have a mouse problem in your house? Here are some common signs of a mouse infestation:
- Visible mouse droppings: Droppings are tiny brown or black pellets roughly ¼” or less in length.
- Other remnants: You may see small piles of gnawed paper or cardboard in and around their nesting areas.
- Bite marks along the house: These bites are often found in drywall, insulation or soft wood.
- Audible signs: You may hear gnawing, scratching or scampering in your walls, floor or ceiling.
How Do I Get Rid of Mice?
There are many methods of exterminating mice and we’ll use a comprehensive approach to determine which is best for your situation, while also accommodating your preference. Here are two common techniques for exterminating mice:
- Trapping or glue boarding: Both trapping and glue boarding involve sealing off all access points and trapping the mice inside of your home.
- Baiting: This is the most effective method, in terms of cost and overall results. In order to keep pets and children safe, locked bait stations can be used.
Rest assured that all our service offerings are environmentally sensitive and take into consideration your home and all those who live within it.
DIY Extermination Is Dangerous
While it may be tempting to take a DIY approach to mouse extermination, hiring a professional is the only way to ensure the job gets done safely and effectively. Setting traps may result in a temporary fix and not a long-term solution. Poison can also be very dangerous when not handled properly.
Damage & Disease Caused by Mice
A mouse infestation in your home can be quite serious. Not only do mice cause physical damage to your home, but they can also spread harmful pathogens leading to disease. Common examples of physical damage by rodents include chewed-up wood and drywall, destroyed insulation, and damage to electrical wiring which can be a fire hazard.
It’s also important to consider the potentially serious health issues caused by mice:
- Hantavirus: This is a deadly virus contracted from airborne particles from mouse saliva, urine and feces.
- Allergic reactions: Many allergic reactions can be traced back to mouse presence, as they are continually excreting thousands of micro-droplets of urine daily.
- Fleas: Mice can carry fleas into the home, bringing their own unique set of issues.
How We Eradicate Your Mouse Problem
Due to the complexities and potential harm caused by a mouse infestation, it’s important to seek out a professional. While you may consider tackling the problem on your own, it can be dangerous and at-home methods often do not address the infestation for the long term.
We will follow up on your infestation, ensuring it’s decreasing over time. We’ll also perform various prevention measures such as replacing bait or traps when needed.
The All Pest Control Difference
Every home and situation is different, and All Pest Control Company takes a comprehensive approach to ensure that the mice in your home are eradicated for good. When you work with All Pest Control, you are working with local experts who care.
We are very happy with All Pest Control. We’ve been with them for almost 3 years and will continue. Josh has always been responsive to any needs that we have, has always contacted us when he’s on the way to our house and has always said ‘Call me if you need anything!’. Great customer service! Thanks guys!!!” —Susan L.
Reach Out to Our Mouse Exterminators Today
Do you have mice in your home? We’re here to help. Reach out to our experienced mice exterminators today by calling 503-744-5103 or send us a message.